POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : responce to lack : responce to lack Server Time
6 Oct 2024 02:54:26 EDT (-0400)
  responce to lack
From: lavender
Date: 29 Jun 2000 11:57:20
Message: <8F6263A94lavendersmith@204.213.191.228>
Grand I finally provoke a hidden pov team member to finially come out in to the
light and talk to me. I have triied to get this for a while now.

One: Why are you programming POVRAY?
My hope answer: To produce the best and most capable program to your abilities.
Why my stance: The limits you have placed on povray show you amount of pride in
your work. If a process is available you should not count it out just because
you do not want to put your time into your creation. You should try harder to
do what you have set out to do. I complaine about the pov team backing off of
their commitment to all of us that use the very program the team created. It is
called integraty. If I say I will do something I must do it. If I only go half
way I lack integraty.

You claim how difficult it is to do what I have sudjested but I have done just
what I have asked with clumsey and slow code. It does not dive directly into
the pov code but uses Povray as an engine. That tells me that it is not that
difficult to do.

Secondly men where able to send a person to the moon useing a slide rule so any
rebuff from the pov team about what can and can not be done is a result of
their direct willingness to apply the energy required.

One of these post stated that there is no other program that uses network
rendering over multiple platforms. I would send them to the Newtek site.

http://www.newtek.com

Lightwave has been doing this for a very long time. And yes they have radiosity
also. They are driven by money. The pov team should be driven by pride. This is
a great accomplishment they have in creating a program such as povray with no
direct finatial input and limited time. To fall short now is like an athlete
training hard and winning some local meets and then going to the olipics just
to set in the stands.

The Pov team has the knowlage and the ability to make Povray the most powerfull
program available. They just need to be pushed like an athalete to perform at
the level we all know they can reach.